Saturday, 1 November 2008

Christmas Challenge

I'm sure I have told you about our monthly challenge before, there is just the three friends spread across our green and pleasant land (well that's when its not raining constantly) who participate in the challenge. One friend sets the task and we have a month to produce something. This months challenge was set by Mrs J and it was to make a Christmas decoration from a felted jumper or handmade felt, with one rule, it must incorporate a little Christmas bell.

Well you may think it strange to be showing you a photo of my dresser but that's were my inspiration came from. I planned on making a garland to hang on my dresser. I was going to do a before an after, but I'm afraid your only going to see the before on this posting!

Doesn't it look tidy! Only cause it was having its photo' taken! Tee Hee!


The yarns you can see are for my uni' project. I have picked a colour scheme of winter white and garden greens my inspiration is dry Stone walling!!! Ooooo I digress. Sorry.

These are the raw materials I decided on. Some lovely white merino felt, some gorgeous gold threads and some pure cotton twisted yarns.

So how disappointed was I after a whole days felting and a whole day cutting and stitching I'm afraid this is all I produced!!!!!!!!!


Here is a close up. I used the cotton yarn in the felt at the processing stage. And then started with the gold thread and sequins to decorate.

I'm afraid when I started this challenge I new that I wouldn't complete it on time but I have made a start and will continue to add more designs, glitter, sequins, beads and bells! Hopefully our dresser will look a little more decorated in the festive season when I show you it again. I've not given up on this challenge because I have ideas to add. Its that same old question, "Can anyone tell me how I can create more hours in a day".
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Will post again soon.
xxxxxx

6 comments:

MarmaladeRose said...

Hello, hello, I've just had a look at Mrs J's fantastic wreath. She must have the patience of a saint.
You've been very busy too. I feel quite ashamed, I have'nt done half as much as either of you two. I'll post the pics tomorrow. I love the gold thread on the white, can't wait to see where you put the jingle bells! It's interesting to see how our ideas sometimes are quite similar and overlap even though we live miles away from each other and don't see each others work until reveal day. I'm looking forward to the next challenge Lesley. I'll post my little offering tomorrow. Fi x

Helen said...

These are so pretty! I love the gold on white scheme.

Thanks for popping over to comment on my blog the other day :D

Mrs J said...

I'm so glad you decided to post this in the end! These look so lovely, can't wait to see the end result. I love the white and gold combination, it's going to look stunning on your dresser for Christmas! And once the jingle bells are added.....sweet! Have you anything lined up for us for the next challenge?
Big hugd Mrs xxxx

Julie said...

No need to feel disappointed. Looks like you had a very busy and productive day. Your wreath is looking lovely. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

maggi said...

Hi Lesley, looks like I was out of sync with your blog. Thank you for the award, I didn't see it until after I posted yours and then my internet connection went down. I love the glimpse of the stocking, it looks great with the gold stitching. What a lovely inspiration, dry stone walling for your uni project. We have lots of these walls still here in Derbyshire which add so much to the landscape. Best wishes Maggi x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The gold and white decorations look so effective!!